Monday, June 9, 2008

A Speaker...

Needed a speaker system for my Valkyrie [my desktop :)] since I have moved from my previous room that I have inhabited for the last three years, by moving, I also moved my stereo set which I used as a speaker for Valkyrie.

I only few computer store in Jogjakarta, one of them is EL’s on C. Simanjuntak street, purchased something there before but they only have Simbadda brand speakers which is kinda let down :(.

But u know what? When I get there to buy switch for my home network, ta daaa… Just arrive that day, an Altec Lansing VS4121, a successor of the legendary ATP3, or so I thought was legendary :D.
At that very point, I said to the seller, “is that just arrive?”, “yes”, she said. “How much?” “it’s 63USD, or [using calculator]… 607 thousand rupiah”, “I’ll take one, and o yeah, want a switch too”, and the conversation went on…

So, on that very day, I brought home an Altec Lansing speaker system and damn proud of that purchase, since in my opinion I got a good bargain on it too, you people can see it on websites to compare it.

Now, for the performance, it’s great! Just like its predecessor, it has great power; the highs are crisp and the bass’ powerful enough to emulate a theatre in the room. Use it with movie, great, with rock music, great, trance [my favorite] GREAT! It’s only a 2.1 speaker but it’s enough for my current room.

Recommended for those who like good sounds, you won’t regret it, I don’t :D.

No comments: