Monday, February 26, 2007

A Small Reunion

[happy faces!]

Look at the above picture, that's me on the left, Bachtiar Rifa'i on center and Kris Hartanto aka Patrick on the right. Last night, when I'm in Salatiga, well when I post this posting, I'm still in Salatiga. We were a long-time-no-see friends, Bachtiar and Patrick are my high school friends, though I've known Bachtiar since Junior High.

So, the story's like this, Patrick's now livin' in USA, married, but for one or two reason, he had to return to Indonesia, for maybe a year or so, while for Bachtiar, he stays in Salatiga and working while doing his graduate degree on Law. That Sunday I went to Salatiga to pick up my Mom, the plan was Wednesday, but as I know that Patrick in Indonesia, Salatiga to be precise, I go there in Sunday in order to get the chance to meet the guys.

It was hilarious, imagine this, friends who haven't met for 10 years, yup 10 years, (FYI I left Salatiga in 1996), talk about how life has been treating us, back then and now, funny stories bout the past etc. We talked until it's midnight, and what a coincidence, Patrick' birthday is February 26th, the day I wrote this post, so we were the first to congratulate him, as for his wife in USA still in February 25th thanks to Time Differences...

I'm still in Salatiga for another 2 days, let's see who'll I meet here in the next 2 days, as for I intended to track down my old friends...

No comments: